Revolution Tour Sibu 2011
Saturday, March 26, 2011 || 0 comments.
I didn't know they were coming to Sibu this year. So when Willy texted me about it, I nearly died in excitement. The last time I went for a Revo Party was during Revo Nilai. And I was so blessed by it, so did my friends.

Between everything that happened to me in 2011 (not being able to go to India, the possibility of not doing medicine)... I felt slightly lost, a bit confused, very much dissapointed & crushed, and a whole lotta bitter. And one does not recover from things such as that easily. I never asked God "Why me?" but I did ask "Where on Earth did you get the idea that I'm strong enough to go through this?".

Revo Sibu was the much needed 'healing' that I needed. And of course, when I found out Yvonne was coming to Sibu, there is no other greater delight. My beloved mentor who had always been there for me, who gave me some much needed time before calling me when I got my A-Level result... is coming to my hometown :)

Pastor Andy & Pastor Dave sharing some true stories.
Pastor Dave shared about Campus Revo KTT!

Pastor Sandra preaching with Tessie translating for her.

I went to Revo Academy with my brother. Pastor Sarah was the first one who saw me and called out excitedly. And the first thing that I asked her was, "Pastor Sarah? Wait, is it Pastor already?"When I left KTT, she was just a Pastor Intern. That day I met her, she was a pastor already-- one, who I can see, will do great things.

As I was walking towards Yvonne and the Pastors, I saw Jason. Problem is, I thought his name was Joseph. HAHAHAHAHA. Whatever gave me that idea?! Luckily I didn't call out to him.

As I was talking to Yvonne, Pastor Sandra came up to me and greeted me. It was such an honor for me that she remembered me! I nearly cried as the rest of them came up and said hai. Nearly mistaken Elder Shirley for Elder Adeline but Yvonne corrected me before I embarrassed myself. OH DEAR LORD.

And then, the greatest thing happened. I was about to walk back to my seat when Pastor Dave came up to me and said he wanted to talk. I remember his every word like it was just 5 minutes ago and till today, whenever I thought of this moment, it put tears in my eyes.

"I just want to let you know that we are just so proud of you. Don't ever think that you've let us down, don't ever think you've dissapointed us."

He has no idea how much I needed to hear that. In my whole life, no one has ever said to me that they are proud of me. No, not even my parents. Even when I was succeeding in my studies, even when my piano teacher said I had amazing potential, even when I was given the 'Sri Puteri' title by my school (which is given to students that has done the school proud)... NO ONE EVER SAID THAT THEY WERE PROUD OF ME.

And especially not when I failed.

So when he said that, I broke into tears. How is it that this stranger managed to say something that I've always wanted to hear my whole life? I have built my entire life based on the desire to hear those words. So thank you, Pastor Dave. SINCERELY :)

The hall was packed!

Actsream sang out their heart, leading Sibu in worship.

I went for Revo Party on my own. My family promised to come at first but decided not to in the end. So I stood amidst 900 strangers (not really la, I recognise some here and there :p), and cried again when over 100 people responded to salvation call.

I managed to talk to Yvonne before I left. It was a talk that was supposed to take place weeks ago. But nevertheless, by the time we finished, I stood up a stronger woman. Determination and courage planted within me. And again, I was told that she was proud of me (Oh God, how on Earth did you have such perfect timing?).

So, like I tweeted about a week ago,

@, thank you for coming to Sibu!

One day, just as I told Pastor Sandra that night, I would really like to serve Acts Church again. And maybe, just maybe, I can say the right thing to the right stranger :) Just like Yvonne and Pastor Dave.

And let the voices of the world,
Unifies today,
To bring you,
This song of praise...

Disclaimer: Photos credit to @urtherevolution.

Labels: , ,


Melzie
ahjumma . duckzie . dragon mom . davohkiin





about me
melzie. twenty. malaysian. christian. 1st year psychology student. original. don't bite. but slap asses. still waiting for toby hemingway. ...more?

watching
how i met your mother. game of thrones. switched at birth. glee. bones. criminal minds. most korean tv shows.

favorites
harry potter. shoes. chatime. snowflakes. x-men. hugh jackman. orange. handbags. sushi. skyrim. shoes (yes, again).

friends
they are still my muse :)


»Willy
»Ricky
»Eric
»Amy
»Corine
»Jeanette
»Edwin
»Maegyvear
»KTT CF
»Farah
»Jin Xiang
»Nader
»Loon Han
»Karen
»Keshan
»Daniel
»Geraldine
»I-Vonne
»Rachel
»Wayne
»Sofie
»Shu Zhao
»Rudy
»Chii
♕

" trust your heart when the seas catch fire and live by love though the stars walk backward "


Pages
+Follow
Refresh



«Newer posts
Older posts»


(still) defying gravity