I know I'm a Christian first and foremost and should forever be a grateful child, thus you have every right to spite me and call me an 'ungrateful brat'. But we Christians are taught to tell the truth, even if it kills us and even if the truth itself will save a life. And the hard, cold truth is that in 2011, there are more things that I'm disappointed in rather than that I can be proud of.
Let's not get started on the whole not-gonna-be-a-doctor thing because we all know the story (assuming you've been a loyal reader, haha gotcha!). Let's not get too personal as well cos who knows what kind of stalker I have (:p).
But the thing is, last year, I haven't been able to walk with my heads held up. I'd smile at the floor. I'd avoid eye contacts when it gets too hard for me to handle. I'd have random crying moments. Yes, me. That girl who talks too much and laughs too loud.
And yet if I have to go through it again, I would. Damn it, yes I would.
Because even if it was tough as if the devil itself was messing with my life (and my head), I am still breathing. I got through 2011 and I look forward to 2012. Yes, it has been disappointing. Yes, life has been a mess. Yes, I made a lot of mistakes.
But the new year is here. 2012 has arrived and with it, come the hope of starting fresh and living anew. I didn't start mine with a bang, nah-ah. I spent it having dinner with my mom's side of the family, at the village. Boring, yes. But hey, I get to spend it with people who loves me despite the fact that I've let them down last year. And the fireworks display for the new year was so pretty and made me all hopeful still :) Plus, this year is leap year so I get an extra day this year :p
And just half an hour ago, Yvonne texted me saying that we (as in Acts Church) have secured the ownership of Dream Village. Woots!
What a way to start off 2012, with such a huge testimony from the church! So folks, there is still hope. Hope that God is faithful and He will never abandon us. Hope that life likes to give us second chances, and third, and fourth, and fifth. As long as we're breathing, there's always hope.
Have a blessed year ahead, friends. Proclaim that it shall be your best year yet :) Happy 2012 everyone!
PS: Hoping for my own testimony -- results coming out this Friday, do pray with me :)
Labels: walking in the clouds

