"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I ever had..."
People think I have no problems because I'm always cheerful and giddy.
That's because they don't hear when I talk.
People think I'm strong because I can talk about my failures and still smile.
That's because they don't see me crying myself to sleep every night.
People call me the black sheep of the family because I failed to become a doctor.
That's because they don't know how hard I've tried.
People call me a disappointment and an embarrassment.
But that's okay.
I figured out they, these people, never mattered in the first place.
And to those who stood by me,
my friends (you know who you are),
my dad,
my darling cousins and nieces...
I LOVE YOU.
Thank you for keeping me strong.
Thank you for crying with me.
Thank you for listening.
Thank you for giving me a reason to wake up in the morning and fight this mad world.
Labels: walking in the clouds

