
Life is unfair. It always has, it always will be.
I always thought that to those who mistreated me or to those who are unkind to me or basically, to my enemies, I should treat them fairly. Fairly, in the sense that I will give them the same treatment they give me.
I used to believe that I should love people who love me and hate those who hate me. And for those who continuously disappointed me, I choose to dissapoint them as well. It was a fair deal to me. Finally, some sort of fairness in this unfair world.
But then. I read this...
But now I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you so that you may become the children of your Father in Heaven.
For he makes his sun shine on bad and good people alike, and gives rain to those who do good and to those who do evil.
Why should God reward you if you love only the people who love you? Even the tax collectors do that!
And if you speak only to your friends, have you done anything out of the ordinary?Matthew 6:44-47
Have I done anything out of the ordinary to bring glory to my God?
That will be my question every time my hatred consume me.
I may not be perfect, but my God is :)
Labels: food for thought

