Think Gigli (Ben Affleck, Jennifer Lopez).
Yeah.
Avatar is NOT one.
Avatar is genius in its purest form!
Before it came out, it has been hailed as the movie of the year already. Probably because James Cameron (oh you know... that guy that directed Titanic... yawn...) waited 15 years for the right technology to make it.
I tell you what... That 15 years is WORTH THE WAIT!
The CGI was friggin' awesome, I didn't even blink -- was afraid I'd miss something.
The story is set in a distant future, 2184 to be specific (I read the date on the video log :p), whereby we human had successfully spoilt the Earth to its very core and is now looking for another planet for us to turn into a complete wasteland -- Pandora.
Now, I wouldn't want to spoil it for you, but James Cameron definitely has a way of making a masterpiece, and Avatar is definitely one of it.
The vision of Pandora itself is flawless. The sceneries of Pandora are spellbinding, the details of the Na'vi are enchanting.
The plot keeps you sitting you on the edge of the seat all the time. The last time I did it was during G.I. Joe :) And I really loved G.I. Joe.
My verdict? Everyone will like it. A LOT.
Melzie says: All hail James Cameron for his awesomely fantabulous vision in film-making!
And the soundtrack, 'I See You' by Leona Lewis... is definitely a crowd pleaser.
Even if there're goofs here and there (Remember near the ending of the movie, after Na'vi have taken over the base, when they're sending the human back onto the cargo planes to leave Pandora, the human are not wearing any masks to protect them from the supposedly poisonous air?)... Avatar is definitely in a league -- or should I say in a world -- of its own.
My verdict? Everyone will like it. A LOT.
Melzie says: All hail James Cameron for his awesomely fantabulous vision in film-making!
Labels: moving pictures

