HOST-ing for ACTS
Sunday, November 1, 2009 || 0 comments.
My very first day hosting for my new-found love, ACTS Church :)

...

... (wait for it)

...


And I was late.

Ohohohohohohohohohohoho~ So typical of me. Like I told Susu, it feels like coming late to first day of work. And seriously, it wasn't even my fault. How can it be my fault that Nilai is one hour away from Subang??? =.='

The van came at 2.30.

I started getting ready at 1.30 p.m. If you are my housemates, you would know that I usually get ready at 2.20 p.m. Ahaks, I just don't spend a lot of time getting ready, that's all.

BUT, definitely not today. For today is a special day.

At 1.30 p.m, I took out my black shirt and black slack (dress code for fellow hosts) and start ironing. I spent about 20 minutes pressing the stubborn lines on my shirt. Satisfied with my clothes, I began with my face. Biasa la tu, I pun perempuan ba~ All done with that, I had to handle my hair.

Ah, my hair *flips hair* ;p (This line was typed in to annoy certain people only ;p)

My hair has the tendency to run out of place. A rebel without a cause, I call it :p So, a lot of work was needed to be done.

After everything was done and set, I start to rush around. Bible; check. Notebook; check. Purse; check. Pen; check. Chewing gum; check (I like chewing gum, so what?) Etc, etc, etc; check. Put on my shoe and began running down the stairs.

...

... (Okay let's fast forward to church, shall we?)

... (We shall.)

...

I seriously had no idea what to do or where I was supposed to stand. But all thanks to Schaeffer, who taught me everything in 10 minutes only ;) Wooh!

So I stood at the 'Red Zone' (they call it that), it was near the entrance. So anyone who enter, will have to pass us at the 'Red Zone'. Ironically, I was paired up with Claryn (I think that's how her name is spelled~), who was also hosting for the very first time.

The best part of hosting is meeting all this people that you never thought came to the 4 p.m. service. And shaking their hands. And when they smiled back, saying 'Hello', 'Good evening', and this one lady even said 'God bless you', I feel a certain satisfaction :) I guess as much as they felt welcomed, I felt welcomed as well. It was a two-way respect, I guess.

Then, while Pastor Andy was preaching, Michelle called me up and told me that it was my turn to "count". She gave me this device to tap on for every single person that I see in that church. My jaws dropped open.

"That's a lot of people..." I mumbled back.

"You can do it." She laughed.

"I better be able to do it." I said and walked away.

I walk around, tapping for every head count.

248.

That was the number that I got.

248 people was present at the 4 p.m. service today! :)

...

... (Oh my goodness...)

...


Now as I type this post. I suddenly remember.

I forgot to count myself in...

*smacks forehead*

Nevertheless, I enjoyed hosting very much. I made some new friends today. And I really enjoyed welcoming people to church.

And to think that it all started with a simple joke during Homes :) When Alwyn suggested that I should sign up for hosting, I just didn't have the courage to do so. I've only been around for 3 months.

What if I messed up (like I always do in life)?

What if I'm not ready?

Well, till this day, I would never know the answer to those questions. I just know that I enjoy hosting. And I never regretted signing up for it :)

Labels:


Melzie
ahjumma . duckzie . dragon mom . davohkiin





about me
melzie. twenty. malaysian. christian. 1st year psychology student. original. don't bite. but slap asses. still waiting for toby hemingway. ...more?

watching
how i met your mother. game of thrones. switched at birth. glee. bones. criminal minds. most korean tv shows.

favorites
harry potter. shoes. chatime. snowflakes. x-men. hugh jackman. orange. handbags. sushi. skyrim. shoes (yes, again).

friends
they are still my muse :)


»Willy
»Ricky
»Eric
»Amy
»Corine
»Jeanette
»Edwin
»Maegyvear
»KTT CF
»Farah
»Jin Xiang
»Nader
»Loon Han
»Karen
»Keshan
»Daniel
»Geraldine
»I-Vonne
»Rachel
»Wayne
»Sofie
»Shu Zhao
»Rudy
»Chii
♕

" trust your heart when the seas catch fire and live by love though the stars walk backward "


Pages
+Follow
Refresh



«Newer posts
Older posts»


(still) defying gravity