How Are We Different In The Eye Of God?
Sunday, October 25, 2009 || 2 comments.
I've been rather snappy these past few days and I think it is time to let out some of the heat.

Christianity.

To others, we are one body. But among ourselves, we are divided.

Christianity.

To some Christians, we are the same -- worshipping the Almighty Father and believing that Jesus Christ is our one and only saviour. And to some, sadly, we are not the same.

Christianity.

To some, there're only Christians. But sadly, to some also, there're Catholics and then there're Protestants.

Food for thought; Are we THAT different in the eye of God?

I've been observing and listening these past few weeks. And it was so sad to see certain students refusing to attend CF. Or should I say, "boycotting" CF.

Their reason -- CF is becoming too 'Acts Church' for them.

I laughed before. But I can't laugh anymore. Not when it's starting to hurt, A LOT. I just don't understand. I just can't see what make the Protestants so different from the Catholics.

Sure, I'm entering a very sensitive ground here. I am so scared to publish this post, scared that I'll hurt too many people. But I'd rather do it scared than let our CF rot from the inside out. I'd rather be the witch than be the nice girl who watch CF dies.

They criticised us about how we praise and worship God...

YOU have no right to judge us, AT ALL.

YOU have to look into the mirror before you DARE say that our way of praising God is WRONG!

YOU are NOT QUALIFIED to judge us.

I believe that, whether we jump or sit down in a little corner... It is between us and God. You don't need to boycott CF for that. You don't need to leave CF just because you think Protestants are "too much" for you. You don't need to make up excuses when someone from ACTS Church come to talk at CF. In the end, it is only between you and God.

So tell me, what makes Catholics think we Protestants are "too much" for them?

Are we THAT different in the eye of God?

If we are not, then why are we so different in your eyes?

If we are, is that a good reason to not attend CF?

If in the end, we worship the same God, the same Lamb of God... TELL ME, what makes Protestants "too much"?!

Exactly how are we different in the eye of God?

And when they start teasing those who attend Campus Revo, HOMES, and those going to Acts Church... it just hurts me too much.

But it won't stop me. So what if I'm "too much" for you? So what if I'm "too radical" for you?

Because I don't believe in the saying that "Heaven belongs to God, but this world belongs to Satan."

Because I believe that "Heaven belongs to God, and so does this beautiful world He has created."

That is why I believe that I should say something regarding THIS matter. Because as Christians, as the minority, we should be united. And no matter how different we are in the way we praise God, we unify to bring praises to the same God!

So please, stop thinking too much about 'I'm-Catholic-You-Protestant'. Because in the end, we are one body -- CHRISTIANS.

And in the eye of God, we are the same -- we are His children... now and forever.

Note: I would like to apologise if I hurt certain people in the process. But since no one wants to say it out, I'll say it. It is happening in our CF. Some people refuse to attend CF because as they said it themselves, "It is becoming like Acts Church". And truthfully, it hurts me a lot. Because 1) I attend Acts Church, and 2)Those who said it are 'supposed' to be my friends. Yup, so much of being 'my friends'.

Labels:


Melzie
ahjumma . duckzie . dragon mom . davohkiin





about me
melzie. twenty. malaysian. christian. 1st year psychology student. original. don't bite. but slap asses. still waiting for toby hemingway. ...more?

watching
how i met your mother. game of thrones. switched at birth. glee. bones. criminal minds. most korean tv shows.

favorites
harry potter. shoes. chatime. snowflakes. x-men. hugh jackman. orange. handbags. sushi. skyrim. shoes (yes, again).

friends
they are still my muse :)


»Willy
»Ricky
»Eric
»Amy
»Corine
»Jeanette
»Edwin
»Maegyvear
»KTT CF
»Farah
»Jin Xiang
»Nader
»Loon Han
»Karen
»Keshan
»Daniel
»Geraldine
»I-Vonne
»Rachel
»Wayne
»Sofie
»Shu Zhao
»Rudy
»Chii


" trust your heart when the seas catch fire and live by love though the stars walk backward "


Pages
+Follow
Refresh



«Newer posts
Older posts»


(still) defying gravity