Beach Hunting
Thursday, September 24, 2009 || 2 comments.
NOTE: This post has many pictures. Please be patient if it takes you while to load :) This was written on September 23rd btw. Just had a chance to post it due to the hectic internet connection these past few days.

Remember that good 'ole local kiddy song?

Air pasang pagi surut pukul lima
Nona bangun pagi siram pokok bunga
Pokok bunga melur tanam tepi batas
Itik bertelur ayam menetas
Cik Baba jatuh dalam parit
Cik Aminah ketawa jerit-jerit


Yeah. That one. The whole story, however, revolves only around the first line of the song.

Air pasang pagi surut pukul lima

NO KIDDING. Never ever plan a beach outing in the afternoon. Period.

Cos the bach will look like this...



And you'll be looking like this, frustrated...



And you will sulk as the kids run around...



Well, maybe not just the kids that are running around...



No fun.

We were about 500 metres (more or less... I dropped Maths okay, numbers and me just don't get along okay) away from the sea. Since no one wants to walk that far, we went to another beach.

This other beach was near a longhouse. Where you'll see more eye-widening pictures...

1. I spy a flock of feathers~



2. I spy a piggy!



3. I spy sexy Eisha :p (My dearest niece)



4. I spy a monkey~



5. And there's a well too. With water in it. AND YES, they do use it~



Enough playing around people. Let's head for the real thing, woohoo!!! And off we went, heading for the beach...



Oh when the saints
Go marching in
Oh when the saints go marching in
Oh Lord
I want to be in that number
Oh when the saints go marching in


:p

And this is not the beach. Lol xD Obviously.



Forward, people, F O R W A R D! And finally...



We have to cross a river to get across. My aunt was first to get into the boat (entah sapa punya, kitaorang suka hati saja naik).



Lol xD And soon everyone wanted a taste of that boat.



But the beach was still a far-away trip. So we stayed behind and gugu-gaga around. And I'm telling you, the kids are not the only ones having fun this time cos even my all grown up cousin-in-law also joined the fun :p



And I found a sea shell, woohoo... (actually, there's plenty of shells laying around)



I wasn't the only one who found a shell I guess ;p



There were some villagers around -- fishermen to be exact, heading out to the sea. And off they went...



And we watched, feeling sorry for ourselves, ahaks xD



So, instead of continue feeling sorry for ourselves, we decided to went back. And this time, enough beach hunting. Our next destination would be the infamous (at least among my family members -- especially the kids) Sungai Klampai. It's the nearest river to our longhouse. We should have headed straight there in the first place =.='

So Sungai Klampai... HERE WE COME!

WWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woohoo! This is more fun.



And we actually built a raft (rakit dalam Bahasa Inggeris is RAFT... right?). I didn't take a picture. I'll post the picture once I take it from my cousin's Facebook, yeah.

I missed family outing so much. And I definitely miss my family so much more :D This is one frustrating, but certainly one of the best beach hunting slash outing I ever had! Smiles everyone :)



Note: People say a picture paints a thousand word. There. I must have said more than ten thousand words :p Definitely my longest post ever (for now)!

Labels:


Melzie
ahjumma . duckzie . dragon mom . davohkiin





about me
melzie. twenty. malaysian. christian. 1st year psychology student. original. don't bite. but slap asses. still waiting for toby hemingway. ...more?

watching
how i met your mother. game of thrones. switched at birth. glee. bones. criminal minds. most korean tv shows.

favorites
harry potter. shoes. chatime. snowflakes. x-men. hugh jackman. orange. handbags. sushi. skyrim. shoes (yes, again).

friends
they are still my muse :)


»Willy
»Ricky
»Eric
»Amy
»Corine
»Jeanette
»Edwin
»Maegyvear
»KTT CF
»Farah
»Jin Xiang
»Nader
»Loon Han
»Karen
»Keshan
»Daniel
»Geraldine
»I-Vonne
»Rachel
»Wayne
»Sofie
»Shu Zhao
»Rudy
»Chii


" trust your heart when the seas catch fire and live by love though the stars walk backward "


Pages
+Follow
Refresh



«Newer posts
Older posts»


(still) defying gravity