Evil Robot Sucks! (as quoted from Skids... or was it Mudflap?)
Thursday, June 25, 2009 || 4 comments.
Warning: Spoilers ahead!

Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen official poster... The Fallen's looking pretty scary.

If there was anything that I learnt from Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen... it would be that Shia Labeouf may scream like a little girl, but he's still oozing friggin' awesomeness to his very core. Oh yeah~

I went to watch Transformers 2 last night with the whole gang. I was always the earliest to arrive, compared to the rest of them. But this time, unlike Star Trek and Terminator, I arrived late, because according to my evaluation, 'Sibu people don't really watch movie...'. I was bloody wrong.

The movie started at 7.30 but the whole cinema was already packed before 7. Luckily, one of us got a hunch (damn his good hunch!) and went there early and bought tickets for us first. Phew~

And as I watched Transformers, I found myself either laughing my ass off, crying for Optimus and Sam, my jaws dropping, or my heart thumping out of beat thanks to the excitement. Hehe, nang best citer tuk, sik aku bula bah...

If I was asked to describe Transformers 2 in one sentence, I would say, 'the best movie of the year'.

Drama, adrenaline, action, comedy, romance, friendship... Transformers 2 has it all.


Shia puts the 'm' in the magic for Transformers 2 :) Ha, eat your heart out, ZAC EFRON loser!

Shia Labeouf was as amazing as I've always knew he was since starring in Even Stevens. He got into Sam Witwicky's character and really got a hold of what's going on in the movie. If it was anyone else (oh I don't know, maybe one of the Jonas brothers or Zac Efron... BLAH!), the movie would've been less amazing, MUCH MORE less amazing. Shia pulled it off with the right personality, the right humor, the right concentration, and the right awesomeness ;) Oh, and also the right craziness. The scenes when Shia acted a bit retard when he is possessed by the Allspark was totally priceless.


Shia and Megan make holding hands look so hot~

The chemistry between Shia and Megan Fox was so amazing. It was like they could definitely make babies by just staring at each other. There was not many kissing scenes in the movie, only at the end, but the audience will always feel the passion boiling between them, even as a horrid battle took place. Ok, it's getting hot in here...

Talking about Megan Fox... Towards the end of the movie, as the group (consisting of Shia, Megan, Josh Duhamel, and Tyrese Gibson) was running away from The Fallen, Josh 'ambik kesempatan' to hold Megan's hand ;p I was like, 'Err, girl... Wrong boyfriend la~'

Anyway... THE CGI WAS OUT OF THE WORLD. Okay. Let me say it like this. If you think Star Trek's effects blew your mind, Transformers's would have blown your whole body! It was so detailed till the smallest piece of scrap metal there is. The robots were amazingly built and the bing-bang-boom will definitely introduce you to a whole new meaning of action movie ;D Kudos to the special effects team.

And the music... OH MY GAWD~ Don't get me started with the soundtrack of the movie. It was PERFECT. As if none could go wrong. What do you expect? They combined the elements of Linkin Park AND The Fray (something that I thought could never be done). But Transformers pulled it off, just like magic. Yes, the music was definitely MAGIC.


What is the similarity between the two boys??? They both scream like a little girl!

The newest addition to Transformers 2, Leo was also amazingly played out by Ramon Rodriguez. He brings in the best humor into the movie and he puts in the right emotions -- a mixture of excitement, fear, and insecurity (when you're introduced into a totally new world consisting of evil robots and the Matrix of Leadership, of course it's hard to place the right emotions).

FAVOURITE BATTLE SCENE AWARD:

The battle scenes was awesome. My eyes were already numb watching all the ridiculously amazing special effects during the battle scene in Shanghai. And I couldn't help but feel proud as I watched the Shanghai battle scene. Men and robots alike work together to make sure this world, that is home to them, safe.


Optimus Prime -- always a hero.

And I must say that I actually cried when Optimus Prime sacrificed himself for Sam. It was such a devastating moment when Sam screamed out for Optimus. It was definitely one of those scenes that you know will go down in history. Like the iconic 'I jump, you jump' scene from Titanic.

But of course. My favourite battle scene would be the final battle scene with The Fallen leading the Decepticons. Because I learnt so much from this scene. As I watched the Autobots gave their life to protect the world as we know it, and as I watched Sam willingly and readily ran through a battlefield to get to Optimus, I know that even when everything is falling apart, you will always have hope. Because in a lifetime of war, even the smallest hope brings a whole lot of meaning :)


FAVOURITE FUNNY ROBOT AWARD:


Bumblebee crawled back into the garage after defeating the whole kitchen and making a mess.

Bumblebee put in a good fight for this award in the beginning...

SAM: Bee, I want to talk to you about the college thing, okay?
BUMBLEBEE: [does a dance] "I'm so excited, And I just can't hide it..."
SAM: Hey! I'm not taking you with me!
[Bumblebee is downcast]
SAM: Bumblebee, just hear me out okay. You know freshmen aren't allowed to have cars, that's all it is. It is best for both of us. I know it doesn't sound like it but... you're an Autobot, you shouldn't be living in my dad's garage. I mean you're suffocating in here. Hey will you look at me please? Hey, come on big guy... Look, the guardian thing is done, okay? You did your job. It's over with. You've gotta be something else, you've got have a bigger purpose then just me, Bee! I can't be the end all deal in your life!
BUMBLEBEE: "What is"... "your"... "purpose"... Sam?
SAM: I don't know. I wanna... I wanna be normal, I want to go to college. Everybody has this, and I should be able to experience this. And I can't do that with you.
[Bumblebee bursts into tears; literally, with his windscreen cleaners malfunctioning]
SAM: Come on... it's not the last time I'm gonna see you, you know? Come on, don't do that... Bee, you're killing me...
[Bee angrily gesticulates to Sam to go away]
SAM: You'll always be my first car man. I love you.
Jetfire was also putting in his best effort using the classic 'I'm the old man' jokes...

JETFIRE: Itchy wretched rust in my aft...! [scratches himself]

Wheelie: Who's your good little Autobot? [humps Mikaela's leg]

Even the Decepticons was psyched about the award and sent in one nominee, Wheelie...

MIKAELA: I will not touch it Sam. It is locked in the safe in the garage. Nobody knows where it is.
WHEELIE: I do... You are hot, but not very smart. That's fine, that will work. Ahh... this damn douchebag.
WHEELIE: [looking at Mikaela's dog] What are you looking at dogface?
WHEELIE: Is that the best you got, huh? Is that best you can do?
MIKAELA: What are you doing here, you little freak?
[Mikeala burns his left eye off with a soldering iron]
WHEELIE: That's my eye, you crazy bitch! Easy warrior goddess, I'm just a little salvage scrap drone.
MIKAELA: Then I'm your worst nightmare.

Skids and Mudflap, staring at Ravage... Aren't they so damn cute????

But in the end, it was the hilarious twin robot, Skids and Mudflap, that bags the award...

SAM: They gotta mean something. Like a message or like a map. Can you read this?
SKIDS: Read? Unh uh.
MUDFLAP: We don't - we don't really do much reading.
They bring a whole lotta meaning to the phrase, 'double the trouble, double the fun'... don't they? ;)

And here's my three favourite quotes from Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen (it was REALLY hard to choose from you know!):

1. SKIDS (maybe Mudflap?): Evil robot sucks!

2. JUDY: [talking about Sam to a bunch of college girls] He recently got his cherries popped.

3. SIMMONS: What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother.

Note: I've been saving this post since June 25th because of my stupid unstable streamyx connection! (Dude, what the f???) Nevertheless, enjoy :):)

Labels:


Melzie
ahjumma . duckzie . dragon mom . davohkiin





about me
melzie. twenty. malaysian. christian. 1st year psychology student. original. don't bite. but slap asses. still waiting for toby hemingway. ...more?

watching
how i met your mother. game of thrones. switched at birth. glee. bones. criminal minds. most korean tv shows.

favorites
harry potter. shoes. chatime. snowflakes. x-men. hugh jackman. orange. handbags. sushi. skyrim. shoes (yes, again).

friends
they are still my muse :)


»Willy
»Ricky
»Eric
»Amy
»Corine
»Jeanette
»Edwin
»Maegyvear
»KTT CF
»Farah
»Jin Xiang
»Nader
»Loon Han
»Karen
»Keshan
»Daniel
»Geraldine
»I-Vonne
»Rachel
»Wayne
»Sofie
»Shu Zhao
»Rudy
»Chii


" trust your heart when the seas catch fire and live by love though the stars walk backward "


Pages
+Follow
Refresh



«Newer posts
Older posts»


(still) defying gravity