
Star Trek movie teaser poster.
It was my first Star Trek viewing. When Star Trek was a huge hit, I was at that age when Spongebob and Power Rangers are 'my thing' *wink*wink* Safe to say, I was a non-Star Trek-fan.
The only reason I spent RM9 to watch Star Trek is...

The Cheerleader's Killer: That Zachary Quinto is one HOT assassin, oh yeah~
ZACHARY QUINTO... oh dear. He was still oozing the murderous Sylar-awesomness. And he worked that threatening Spock-glare to its very best! Damn, I always found myself waiting for the moment for him to slice Chris's head off everytime Jim (Chris's character) crosses him.

The Sylar Effect: I'm gonna slice his head open... Oh wait, I'm Spock for today! *smacks forehead*
And talking about Jim, or more precisely James Tiberius (Seriously, Tiberius?!) Kirk... Chris Pine was uniquely funny and he made the humour in the movie simply stunning. He captures the emotions well and he really knows what he's supposed to do in every scene. The most amazing thing about Chris is that he portrayed his OWN genuine Captain Kirk, instead of simply reproducing what he saw. I must confess here, I thought Chris would definitely flop the whole movie and make many enemies for destroying the very idea of Star Trek. But he outdid himself and has certainly put himself ahead.

Just His Luck: He definitely makes a good Captain Kirk.
The CGI was definitely in a league of its own and is the greatest I've ever encountered (for now).
The most memorable about Star Trek was definitely the soundtrack. The song for every scene was splendid and whoever works in the audio department did a very good job at matching the scenes with a suitable soundtrack. If the soundtrack for any scenes were any different, it would have make a major difference, and of course, lessen the quality of the movie itself.
One of the best scenes in Star Trek was definitely the fight scene featuring Hikaru Sulu (played by John Cho) on the drilling rig.

When Harold gets his hand on a katana: Hikaru Sulu battles a Romulan villain and wins!!!
Captain Pike: Does anyone else has any experience on hand-to-hand combat?
Hikaru Sulu: (raises hand hesitantly) I do...
...just before dropping off on the drilling rig...
Jim Kirk: So, what kind of combat experience do you have?
Hikaru Sulu: (sneers confidently) Fencing.
Jim Kirk: (speechless) Ok...
When John's character claimed that he can fight, I was perplexed. When Sulu claimed it was fencing, I was like "Okay, he pokes the sword around". And then, when he unfolds his katana, I was stunned and speechless. And when he gets into action, I raised my hands and says, "He is officially so not a NERD!".
And the FUNNYMAN award goes to...

The navigator with the sexy, cute accent: Anton Yelchin brings laughter almost every single time he shows up as Pavel Chekov!
Chekov: Access code... -bla-bla-bla- Wictor-Wictor 29.
...everyone in the room stares at him weirdly but he didn't notice...
Computer: Access denied.
Chekov: (frowns) -bla-bla-bla- Viiictor-Viiictor 29.
...Captain Pike raises an eyebrow at him but he was too focused too notice...
Computer: Access granted.
And the villain... Gosh! I didn't even recognize Eric Bana in the movie (he plays Captain Nero--the bad guy). Oh dear, I love him in Troy as the heroic Hector but I love him MORE as bad boy Nero!!! He's practically oozing that 'I'm too hot...' aura~

Prince Hector of Troy: Eric bana dies as a hero in 'Troy'.

The Last of the Romulans: Eric Bana dies as a villain in 'Star Trek'.
All in all, Star Trek was an amazing experience for a Star Trek-newbie like me. And I had the pleasure of watching it together with my brother, my five cousins, and my two nieces. It was a blast for us. And we were the most noisy group in the cinema that night, pinpointing every facts, goofs, and repeating every funny lines over and over again.
And I have no shame in that :p
Labels: moving pictures

