The Origins Of The Hottest Man In X-Men
Saturday, May 2, 2009 || 3 comments.
This was written on April 29th, 2009. Just found time to edit it and post it here... That done so, read on.

-----

I just saw X-Men Origins: Wolverine!!! Even after an hour back home, I can still hear pretty much all the bing-bang-boom! in the background. And of course, I'm still recovering from all those adrenaline rush I got from watching hotstuff Wolverine in action, phew~

Warning: Spoiler for the movie! Go on if you’ve watched it… Or simply doesn’t give a crap about the whole spoiler stuff.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine UK Promotional Poster featuring (from left to right) Kayla/Silver Fox, Scott Summers/Cyclops, Victor Creed/Sabertooth, James Howlett/Logan/Wolverine, Wade Wilson/Deadpool, Remy LeBeau/Gambit, & Emma Frost/White Queen.

It was definitely a 5-star for me. The CGIs were friggin’ awesome. Totally packed world-class action. And of course, yummy A-list actors (nope, no A-List actress here cos Lyn Collins was definitely disappointing as Silver Fox/Kayla).

Let’s see.

Wanna piece of me?: Hugh Jackman & Liev Screiber face-off as Wolverine & Sabertooth.

I love the intensity of the brotherhood rivalry between Logan/Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) and Victor/Sabertooth (Liev Schreiber). There was definitely chemistry between those two, considering that every single time they meet, something would definitely blow up or be destroyed.



He's Just Not Into Them: Hugh has just gotta love his job with these girls flocking around him!

And the romance between Logan and Kayla/Silver Fox (Lyn Collins) was cute. No, not hot, just cute. I definitely prefer the whole Logan-Jean scandal in X-Men. Damn, Logan-Kayla was so bad that I even prefer the oh-why-so-brief encounter of Logan-Storm that we had had the pleasure to watch in 'X-Men: The Last Stand'.

I'm gonna piss off them prison guards: Hugh in action!

But when it comes to action, Hugh Jackman was definitely THE MAN. He did a great job getting into the emotions of Wolverine--all betrayed, hope lost, and battling his inner demon, or should I say his inner animal.

Some major ass-kicking going on: Hugh Jackman & Ryan Reynolds battle it as Wolverine & Deadpool, super!

The battle with Victor was suspense but it was nothing compared to when Logan and Victor teaming up against Wade/Deadpool (Ryan Reynolds).

From Hotstuff to...

...Err, Freak-stuff~

Talking about Deadpool, I was so devastated when Wade was announced dead that I seriously didn’t mind him looking like a freaking Frankenstein when he reappeared. After all, he was still oozing the whole friggin’ awesomeness thing.

Then, there was the humour. Oh yes, Logan can make a joke. The fight scene with Dukes/Blob was definitely enjoyable though it was such a disgusting display. And Wade--pre Deadpool of course--just couldn’t keep his mouth shut.

Here's some free entertainment:

Wade Wilson: Great, stuck in an elevator with 5 guys on a high protein diet.
John Wraith (I forgot who said it, I assume it's John): Oh Wade!
Wade Wilson: Dreams really do come true.
William Stryker: Now just shut it! You're up next.
Wade Wilson: Thank you sir, you look really nice today. It's the green, it brings out the seriousness in your eyes.
Logan: Oh my God, do you ever shut up, pal?
Wade Wilson: No, not while I'm awake.

Logan: That's Fred Dukes? That looks like the creature that ate Fred Dukes.
*John said something--I forgot liao, sorry~*
Logan: Hey, fat... Fred!
*Fred turns and looked at Logan, who said something*
Fred: Haha, you are still the funny guy, Logan.
*Logan said something then Fred replied with something*
Logan:
Listen bub...
Fred: Did you just called me... Blob?
Logan (frowns): No, I...
*Fred knocks Logan and he hit the wall. John rushes to Logan's side*
John: You know he's sensitive about his weight... Why did you have to called him Blob?
Logan: I didn't call him Blob, I called him 'bub'!

Of course, there’s the whole the young generation of mutants that Wolverine rescued from the 3 Miles Island. Scott Summer/Cyclops’s meeting with Wolverine was like a symbolism. Then there’s the whole Emma Frost-Cyclops team-up scene was also another symbolism since in the comic version, these two have some sort of hot scandal together ;p And all praise the Lord, Professor X came to save the day in the end! I was so happy to see him that it was so ridiculous to not notice that he was standing up instead of sitting in his signature X-wheelchair!

I'm the dude that shoot first and ask questions later: Daniel Henney was excellent as Agent Zero!

The fact that this film was the debut if Asian hottie, Daniel Henney, in Hollywood is another issue. Daniel was awesome as Agent Zero who was sent to hunt down Wolverine--and he failed of course. He’ll definitely go far--as an actor not as Agent Zero lah, let’s just wait and see.

O-oui: Taylor's lack of French accent gave him away...

And finally, let’s talk about the almighty Remy Labeau/Gambit (Taylor Kitsch). Taylor was great! He definitely exceeded my expectations. Though, the lack of French accent was a major floppy disappointment. But, he packed some cool action so he’s forgiven. Definitely would have preferred someone else as Gambit... Oh I don't know, maybe Colin Farrel perhaps? Or Josh Holloway?

All in all, Wolverine Origins was a thumbs-up. I love the adrenaline and the feeling of suspense as the story developed. There was some scruffy scenes and confusing plot. But it was definitely worth my time and money. And OMGosh, the hunks! Damn HOT!

A definite action blockbuster that left us agreeing Wolverine is the ultimate X-Men of all-time.

Labels:


Melzie
ahjumma . duckzie . dragon mom . davohkiin





about me
melzie. twenty. malaysian. christian. 1st year psychology student. original. don't bite. but slap asses. still waiting for toby hemingway. ...more?

watching
how i met your mother. game of thrones. switched at birth. glee. bones. criminal minds. most korean tv shows.

favorites
harry potter. shoes. chatime. snowflakes. x-men. hugh jackman. orange. handbags. sushi. skyrim. shoes (yes, again).

friends
they are still my muse :)


»Willy
»Ricky
»Eric
»Amy
»Corine
»Jeanette
»Edwin
»Maegyvear
»KTT CF
»Farah
»Jin Xiang
»Nader
»Loon Han
»Karen
»Keshan
»Daniel
»Geraldine
»I-Vonne
»Rachel
»Wayne
»Sofie
»Shu Zhao
»Rudy
»Chii


" trust your heart when the seas catch fire and live by love though the stars walk backward "


Pages
+Follow
Refresh



«Newer posts
Older posts»


(still) defying gravity