I Went Bowling -- Yes, BOWLing... (I can hear an 'Oh dear' from my mum now :p)
Monday, May 18, 2009 || 5 comments.
Sunday. 3.00 pm.

Theo and Christy picked me up for our plans that afternoon.

Initially, we were supposed to play badminton. Everyone was up and ready and in the mood.

Shoes, check.

Rackets, check.

Shuttlecock, check.

Spirit and mood, check.

Court, ...a big 'X'.

Here in Sibu, we only have ONE place where you could go and play badminton. Sibu's very own Superbowl. And they only have FOUR courts. Urgh. As I always told my friends, Sibu has VERY LIMITED entertainment.

After finding out that we have no place to play, Fyonna and Leslie arrived.

I felt sorry for Leslie actually. He was sleeping when we called in and forced him come along. And now, we have no courts to play. Oopssie~


We decided we would go to Bukit Lima Park (which was just 10 minutes drive away) and play outdoor. Just as we arrived, the rain fell. It was sooo frustrating.

So we went to Farley Cafe (5 minutes drive) where we had some drinks. I paid T_T

Then we went back to Superbowl. Deciding that if there's no court available, we would just bowl. YIKES!

I never bowled in my life before. I just don't bowl! So we paid for 4 persons only.

Then Fyonna got a call from her 'boss' (her mum lah...). Telling her to return home. Theo was soooo sad to see her leave. I don't need to mention how many minutes were wasted as they said goodbyes to each other. Oh gosh.

So, there we were. At Lane 16. I typed in the names.

Player 1: Theo.

Player 2: Lesly.
His name was Leslie actually. But we could only typed in 5 letters. So I typed in 'LeslY' XD

Player 3: Chris.

Player 4: Mel.
They agreed to let me go last to save me from the embarassment. How thoughtful of my fellow cousins >.<

Christy and I had trouble finding the lightest balls for us.

My first attempt and I managed to bowl SEVEN (7!!!!) out of 10 pins!!! WHOA! And I didn't even had the right technique. I just threw the ball --lucky I didn't flew away with it!-- and off it goes. I closed my eyes, hoping it won't go into the 'lorong'.

What is it really called anyway -- Drains??? LOL Direct translation.

People were looking/staring/gawking at us because we were quite noisy for only four teenagers. There were a group of kids nearby, who were doing MUCH better than us. And when I said KIDS, I seriously meant KIDS -- like around 10 to 12 years old children. There were a few groups of teenagers as well. Worst, next to us was a group of professionals practicing for their competition. Imagine; playing next to a group of pros on your first day! Urgh, simply embarassing.

However, I did manage to score a STRIKE!!! 10 out of 10 pins actually fell. Woohoo, steady aku~ I screamed a "YEAH!" and did some sort of quirky dance, then skipped/hopped around. My cousins were all staring at me. Christy actually went red on me :p Oh yes, other PEOPLE were staring at me as well. Yikes!

Theo and I each had a strike. Although his reaction was more towards 'cool' and 'calm' unlike mine. Haha XD

Leslie won the game, scoring 62. Christy and I tied, each scoring 53. Theo, who had the most experience, scored only 41. I take it he was quite down-hearted with Fyonna's absence. Or maybe he just pitied us, haha ;D

It was certainly one of my best experiences. Definitely the kind of experience that'll flash by during a near-death situation. OKAY, I had no idea where THAT came from.

Too bad Eric (my brother), Marcel and Heather (Leslie's siblings), Dexter & Imelda (Theo's siblings), Heather & Farah (Christy's siblings) weren't there. We love going out together, the whole family. It's just one of those things that bonded us together, you know. These are the kinds of cousins everyone would like to grow up with. I had the privilege of experiencing it :)

Labels:


Melzie
ahjumma . duckzie . dragon mom . davohkiin





about me
melzie. twenty. malaysian. christian. 1st year psychology student. original. don't bite. but slap asses. still waiting for toby hemingway. ...more?

watching
how i met your mother. game of thrones. switched at birth. glee. bones. criminal minds. most korean tv shows.

favorites
harry potter. shoes. chatime. snowflakes. x-men. hugh jackman. orange. handbags. sushi. skyrim. shoes (yes, again).

friends
they are still my muse :)


»Willy
»Ricky
»Eric
»Amy
»Corine
»Jeanette
»Edwin
»Maegyvear
»KTT CF
»Farah
»Jin Xiang
»Nader
»Loon Han
»Karen
»Keshan
»Daniel
»Geraldine
»I-Vonne
»Rachel
»Wayne
»Sofie
»Shu Zhao
»Rudy
»Chii


" trust your heart when the seas catch fire and live by love though the stars walk backward "


Pages
+Follow
Refresh



«Newer posts
Older posts»


(still) defying gravity