
Barcelona rejoiced with their superb win.
It's Sir Alex Ferguson vs Pep Guardiola.
It's Cristiano Ronaldo vs Lionel Messi.
It's Manchester United vs FC Barcelona.
It's the epic battle of the Champions League 2009 between Barcelona and Manchester United. Barcelona has been in a very strong and steady form all season. And eventhough Manchester United had a weak start, they certainly have been doing a pretty good job nowadays. Both teams are of incredible talents, superb manager, and plenty of legends-in-the-making players.

COMMENT on Barcelona:
***Copy and paste from my post in House of Spammers (ReCom. org).
Okay. Here's my comment on Barca.
THEY TOTALLY DOMINATED THE GAME. There I said it.
Lionel Messi is totally worth 180 million (forgot what currency though :p). That header was very tidy, very well-planned, and somewhat goddamn lucky because Rio Ferdinand was practically jaw-dropping at it instead of stopping it!
Thierry Henry very rajin kejar bola. Too bad he's not very quick on his feet. But he certainly is quite cunning. Very good dribbling technique indeed.
Valdes = AWESOME! He was proactive and very alert. He also didn't dump all the defending task to the defenders only.
Pique is an undeniably a good defender. He put a full-stop to Tevez's attempt at the last few minutes. And he did so well throughout the game.
Sylvinho is THE MAN. He sent Park out of the game! Park can now kiss goodbye to the starting 11.
Puyel the captain... More like Puyel, the guy who always fell. Slacking and pretentious. Should stop from misusing his body as an attempt to get a penalty kick.
Xavi. Oh dear. Whatever happened to him. His two penalty kicks was awful. It's amazing how he didn't put Van Der Sar to work AT ALL!
And oh, Eto'o punya gol... That was totally random (and ALL thanks to Rio Ferdinand for doing nothing but stand like a friggin' stick!). I bet he himself was surprised it went in.
OVERALL
Well. In the first place, Barcelona was statistically far better than Manchester United. But I still hold MU dearly to my heart. And what's the use of another trophy. They have PLENTY already. After all, they were crowned World Champion in Japan and just about a week before, was crowned Barclay's champion. And no matter what other people says, in my heart, Manchester United will always be a true champion. And to lose to the best team in the world -- Barcelona, it is indeed a true honor.
In the end, it all adds up to, who's more hungry for it?
And apparently, it' Barcelona, with a 2- 0 win over Manchester United.
Warning: The post will be somewhat MU-biased. I only comment on Barca at the end of the post. Since I'm an MU freak.
Sorry Netty. No good news today.
Barcelona 2 - 0 Manchester United. Barca totally pawned Man U last night, huhu...
Nevertheless, allow me to recap last night's INITIAL excitement...
PRE-Match

I waited for so long, that I even found the time to defend soccer:

Then, I found senksiang at House of Spammers (ReCom.org)~ He's a footie-freak as well.
I even found out who named our planet Earth:
I was practically jumping in my site, glancing at the clock every 30 minutes. I also Twittered about it...




OMG! I blinked and suddenly, GOAL!!! (Stupid eyes, why do you have to blink!?) And what a schtum Rio Ferdinand was. Standing there, simply watching, as the ball passed his pretty little head and into the net. Van Der Sar thought Ferdinand could stop it so he didn't make any effort till the very last minute. OMG!

DURING Match (2nd Half)


*Stop typing, stand up, go to a corner, cry, return to seat*
COMMENT on Manchester United:
Warning: The post will be somewhat MU-biased. I only comment on Barca at the end of the post. Since I'm an MU freak.
Sorry Netty. No good news today.
Barcelona 2 - 0 Manchester United. Barca totally pawned Man U last night, huhu...
Nevertheless, allow me to recap last night's INITIAL excitement...
PRE-Match

This one was the earliest post I could find that I wrote about the Champions League final.
I waited for so long, that I even found the time to defend soccer:

Then, I found senksiang at House of Spammers (ReCom.org)~ He's a footie-freak as well.
I even found out who named our planet Earth:I was practically jumping in my site, glancing at the clock every 30 minutes. I also Twittered about it...

Taken from my Twitter... Please read from bottom to top please.
And then, finally, at 2.30 a.m...

O yeah...
DURING Match (1st Half)
Things were looking great for the Red Devils. They started with the style and determination of an European Champion. Ronaldo was really hardworking with his continuous-yet-in-vain attempts.

That is until...

OMG! I blinked and suddenly, GOAL!!! (Stupid eyes, why do you have to blink!?) And what a schtum Rio Ferdinand was. Standing there, simply watching, as the ball passed his pretty little head and into the net. Van Der Sar thought Ferdinand could stop it so he didn't make any effort till the very last minute. OMG!
Theo called me (my male cousins gathered at Leslie's place for the game last night -- I can't join them because I'd be the only female and that'd be inappropriate). And I cried. He was supporting Barca and yet he was equally surprised as I am with Eto's (goddamn) lucky goal!
And the rest of the first half ended just like that. Suprisingly, the match wasn't as heart-thumping, adrenaline-rushing as I thought it would be. The players were simply playing a game of toss the ball around and see who's lucky enough to plant a ball in the net. Sigh~
And here was my first half comment:

DURING Match (2nd Half)
And so Fergie did it. He replaced Anderson with Tevez. It was really Anderson's fault after all. He was really slacking, losing the ball all the time and he somehow did contribute to Barca's first goal -_-"
And another substitution was also made. Dimitar Berbatov went it and Park Ji-sung left the field.
And before I could calm down form the crankiness of Eto'o's goal... Lionel 'freaking!' Messi scored another goal.
Me: WTH?! Vidic, wake up! You're giving too much space. Close up, close up... NO!!!

And that was it. Lionel Messi's goal at the 80th minute ensures the win of Barcelona. Even with 10 minutes left, you can really see that the Red Devils were worn out. They were not playing in their own rhythm.
Instead, there was no rhythm at all in their play last night. Every single player was slacking -- even Wayne Rooney went a bit looney, except for Cristiano Ronaldo who was seriously and mesmerisingly in his top shape. But then, football is not a one-man's job. The key to winning was teamwork and last night, the players had no 'chemistry' at all. It was is if everyone (read: MU players only) sprouted two heads.
And as the clock ticks, it seems that Manchester United's Fabulous Four (Roo, Ron, Tevez, & Berbatov) was not capable of any magic. And so, MU was not capable of any epic comebacks last night, huhu T__T
And sadly...

*Stop typing, stand up, go to a corner, cry, return to seat*
COMMENT on Manchester United:

***Copy and paste from my post in House of Spammers (ReCom. org).
Okay. Here's my comment on Barca.
THEY TOTALLY DOMINATED THE GAME. There I said it.
Lionel Messi is totally worth 180 million (forgot what currency though :p). That header was very tidy, very well-planned, and somewhat goddamn lucky because Rio Ferdinand was practically jaw-dropping at it instead of stopping it!
Thierry Henry very rajin kejar bola. Too bad he's not very quick on his feet. But he certainly is quite cunning. Very good dribbling technique indeed.
Valdes = AWESOME! He was proactive and very alert. He also didn't dump all the defending task to the defenders only.
Pique is an undeniably a good defender. He put a full-stop to Tevez's attempt at the last few minutes. And he did so well throughout the game.
Sylvinho is THE MAN. He sent Park out of the game! Park can now kiss goodbye to the starting 11.
Puyel the captain... More like Puyel, the guy who always fell. Slacking and pretentious. Should stop from misusing his body as an attempt to get a penalty kick.
Xavi. Oh dear. Whatever happened to him. His two penalty kicks was awful. It's amazing how he didn't put Van Der Sar to work AT ALL!
And oh, Eto'o punya gol... That was totally random (and ALL thanks to Rio Ferdinand for doing nothing but stand like a friggin' stick!). I bet he himself was surprised it went in.
OVERALL
Well. In the first place, Barcelona was statistically far better than Manchester United. But I still hold MU dearly to my heart. And what's the use of another trophy. They have PLENTY already. After all, they were crowned World Champion in Japan and just about a week before, was crowned Barclay's champion. And no matter what other people says, in my heart, Manchester United will always be a true champion. And to lose to the best team in the world -- Barcelona, it is indeed a true honor.
MAN OF THE MATCH (in my opinion only of course)

It'll certainly be Gerrard Pique. He was in great shape last night. I give him a 7 out of 10 for his performance. Great defending all along. Awesome tackling every now and then. He'll give Nemanja Vidic a run for the title best defender in the world.
Fact: Gerrard Pique was a Red Devil before he transferred to Barcelona.
Labels: they got balls


