Went there by bus with Carol. I was at the terminal as early as 7.00 a.m. thanks to mum and dad who firmly believes, early birds get the best worm =_=' But I sat alone since Carol was accompanied by her mum. Sounds sad, I know. Thank God I sat alone. No need to worry about some freaks sitting next to you for the next 7 hours, phew!
Along the way, I can't help but get all emo. Reality hit me as I got nearer to Kuching. My beloved aunt won't be there for me this time. She would never be there anymore. Going back to Kuching after THE INCIDENT almost broke my heart. It was the hardest thing to do. I never thought I'd have to do it, especially alone. Kuching bring back memories, good ones but they were painful to be reminded of.
Kuching:
April 11th: The 'supposed' registration day.
THEY told us we MUST register on that day. THEY told us out-station students will have an INTERVIEW on that day. THEY told us to bring our damn LUGGAGE that day. The only thing THEY did not tell us was that we'll ONLY be getting our room key that day! Urgh, so frustrating.
My room.
Wow........... <<< onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgLDqoIl8wFOWS6Q2PHm3P6HbWtRM89cBO-EmQOTky5_Hpjrw7864HbUtU1tgv5ylYeEJWadrjka5alnaFIrLif62xgE_aH7EVhlD5NX1QqZj1ra6SwFiKf5C_jXE-t1ReI8OtxOhogie5J/s1600-h/P120409_16.51_%5B01%5D.jpg">
Room looks good AFTER my roomie and me set things up. Should have taken a BEFORE pic so you'll understand what we went through. P/S: There was a spider on my bed. Tiny one, though.
Bathroom
There's a log in one of the shower rooms. Do I need to say more?
Dining Hall
No tables, just chairs.
Food
Uh-oh. 2 days and 1 night there = 2 days and 1 night eating spicy food. I left the camp with a sore throat thank you very much.
Opening Ceremony
Speech, speech, speech.
The first speech was about the bathroom below the auditorium is broken ad that we should walk to the building across the audi if we wanna take a leek -_-" <<< style="font-style:italic;">Huh?! Why would something happen? What kind of emergency? Can the building just crumble any moment?" My friends just giggled away. And when the emcee passed us, he was sneering at me. Oopps, sorry! Got carried away a bit back then, hehe ;p
Then come the interesting part, $$ -- Can I hear a ka-ching, please Xp
For those offered a local scholarship at UTP:
Living fee = RM 500 per month
Book = Rm 800 per year
Instruments = RM 800 per year
Laptop loan = max RM 3500
For those offered oversea programme, while attending A-Level locally:
Living fee = RM 500 per month
Book = RM 150 per year
Instruments = RM 150 per year
Laptop loan = max RM 3500
Notice the difference? Weird. Don't ask me why.
Facilitation Session (Group Activity)
It was quite tense at first because basically everyone doesn't know everyone. The ice breaking really breaks the ice ^o^ Miss Jolly, our facilitator, was very sporting and brings good 'ole jolly fun to the group. Get it? She was cool and could really connect with everyone. Oddly, I felt totally out of place. These people are not my clique, they're so different from the people I spend hours and hours with without feeling bored. Some were carefree but most of them were quiet and tense, different from my wacky cum crazy group that's not only corrupted but also havoc-wreaking. I hoped it went well. In my opinion? It was okay for me. But it wasn't the best experience I had of the camp, of any camp.
Tests
YES, we had tests. Not one, not two, and not three. But FOUR. Damn, I know.
Personality Test: Ok-ok la, no problem since there's no right or wrong here. Plus, with me, what you see is what you get. I don't get all pretentious with anyone at anywhere and anytime.
Math & Science Test: Oh yeah. I so did fuckthe whole thing up. Totally forget my Physics. Math & Add Math was okay because they ask very basic questions. Chemistry was the easiest, all thanks to a particular Madam Wong ;o
English Placement Test: What do you think? ;)
Critical Reasoning Test: Or more likely, IQ test. It was fun. Yet confusing. And I didn't finish it. No kidding.
THE INTERVIEW
To say that I screw it up is the understatement of the year in my life. I BLEW IT OFF. Let's use this analogy -- There's a hole on the floor in front of me. And I literally step into it on purpose. This was my I-give-up statement: "Okay, I don't know what to say cos I partyly agree with you. But I still stand on my ground and I believe that ..." Yeah, I damn blew up my chance. Totally destroy my dream eh! T_T
Btw, fyi our topic for the interview was REFUGEES. NO ONE saw that coming.
On the way back to Sibu:
I took a flight home. It was my first flight alone, no family, no friends. Just me, and hundreds of stranger.
So I spent my time focusing on the scenery. I just realised that the clouds look a lot like cotton candy. And it felt like I could just reach out and take some Xp Yeah, that was one of my many random childish thoughts. Haha XD
My only regret for this journey was that I was unable to visit my Aunt's grave. It was my biggest regret.
***
All in all, it was quite an experience. I did make new friends. Oh yeah, Dotty. There was this one girl who looks a LOT like you and she's also from Sibu actually. You should check out her pic at my Facebook album. Her name's Siong Jing Jing ;) Then there's Claire Chang -- whom I personally dubbed Claire Bennet. LOL Too much Heroes I guess. Not to forget three crazy dudes who totally made my day (don't tell them I said that!). Their goodbyes were really funny. They were jumping up and down, waving non-stop, screaming bye-bye. It was quite a sight.
And maybe I should mention that I met an old flame while there. I noticed HIM on the last day, while waiting for my cousin to pick me up and bring me home. HE was there. And HE didn't say a thing to me. I know HE saw me. I know HE recognised me. It was quite heartbreaking to realise that HE didn't make any effort to greet me. What a sucker. Thank God I moved on from him a long time ago. It's just that... HE was very disappointing. And it was ridiculous. We were standing next to each other, talking to our own friends, practically trying our best to ignore the other, acting like we are complete strangers. Damn, man. I should have said something. Just to make him feel bad about himself, you know.
Thought I should end this with a THANK YOU to Petronas for giving me this opportunity :)
Labels: scholarship hunting

