My JPA Interview 2009
Tuesday, March 31, 2009 || 3 comments.
I just arrived home from my JPA interview at Wisma Sanyan. Thought I should write it down since it's still fresh in my (dirty, little) mind ;)

My JPA interview could be described as fun. Probably one of those most memorable moments in life--the one that will flash by when you are dying... =_=

When I first arrived, I instantly recognised some, from my Program Pendedahan Kerjaya Seorang Doktor--Eileen, Bigmouth, Seok Kuan... And also Jacquelyn was there. But knowing Jacquelyn, of course she talks less and listen to me more. But then again, I was a bit (tiny bitsy bit!) nervous so I didn't talk as much as I would usually.

Then we were asked to register ourselves. Turns out I was in Panel 2 where as Jacquelyn was in Panel 1 -- Different panel, different interviewers. Then we were divided into groups of five. I was in the first group of Panel 2 and we were the first to enter the interview room.

I don't know anyone from my group. And here's something to laugh at. The ratio of girl:boy was 4:1... Poor dude. But he was okay.

While waiting at the Waiting Area, I saw Dr. Chin Zin Hing (Director of Hospital Sibu) in Panel 1. Hmm... Maybe he is one of the interviewer for Panel 1 <<< style="font-weight:bold;">First session...
We were asked to introduce ourselves. In Malay language nonetheless. A tip for future candidates: Be yourself, smile, and make sure you make eye contact with each of them!

Second session...
They'll give you a topic and ask you to discuss (or perhaps debate) about it among yourselves. Our topic was 'Pre-Marital HIV screening'. They divided us. One person was the chair person (Number 3). Another two opposed (Number 1 & 2). And the other two supported the statement (Number 4 & 5--that would be me!). You cannot imagine how happy I was when the Indian interviewer, Mr. Kumaran (saw his tag), told us that we should debate on the statement!

A friend, okay maybe SOME friends, told me that when it comes to debate, I'm a total monster. Very scary, very sarcastic and all that. I managed to reduce myself to a level where I won't actually scare people away, I hope. I really hope I didn't sound totally sarcastic. Cos that would be horrible--so unprofessional-ish.

The debate lasted for quite some time. I managed to catch a glimpse of the interviewees from Panel 1 coming in and out of the other room. That proved that we were in there for quite a long time compared to the other groups.

Third and final session...
For this session, they will ask you a personal question. For us, they asked "Why did you choose this profession?". And sometimes, they would chirp in and ask totally random questions like, "Which country do you prefer to go and why?". Mr. Kumaran unexpectedly asked one of the interviewees an out-of-the-topic question. Which really helped the candidate to relax.


Actually the interview was really relaxing. All those stuff about not being able to even move a bit is really bullshit lah. They won't put pressure on you. In fact, they're very friendly people and really nice also. They even helped to finish our sentences if we could not find the right word. And every now and then, they'll chirp in and give their own opinions, just to help you to move one with your conversation.

Oh yeah, at the end of the interview, I really don't know what got into me--maybe I drank too much (just kidding!) or maybe I got possessed for a second there or something... But when we stood up, ready to leave the room, I ask the stupidest question any interviewee could never ask...

"Can we shake your hands?"

OMGosh! I must have looked like a total idiot there. The Muslim guy actually looked at me with a perplexed look and the Chinese guy looked at me with a WTF?!-look. And Mr. Kumaran really wanted to laugh.

Nonetheless, they laughed it off and chorused, "Sure!".

So, we shook their hands and left the room. It was quite an experience for me. Alas, all is done. I could only hope that I'll get the scholarship. Wish me luck ;)

Labels:


Melzie
ahjumma . duckzie . dragon mom . davohkiin





about me
melzie. twenty. malaysian. christian. 1st year psychology student. original. don't bite. but slap asses. still waiting for toby hemingway. ...more?

watching
how i met your mother. game of thrones. switched at birth. glee. bones. criminal minds. most korean tv shows.

favorites
harry potter. shoes. chatime. snowflakes. x-men. hugh jackman. orange. handbags. sushi. skyrim. shoes (yes, again).

friends
they are still my muse :)


»Willy
»Ricky
»Eric
»Amy
»Corine
»Jeanette
»Edwin
»Maegyvear
»KTT CF
»Farah
»Jin Xiang
»Nader
»Loon Han
»Karen
»Keshan
»Daniel
»Geraldine
»I-Vonne
»Rachel
»Wayne
»Sofie
»Shu Zhao
»Rudy
»Chii
♕

" trust your heart when the seas catch fire and live by love though the stars walk backward "


Pages
+Follow
Refresh



«Newer posts
Older posts»


(still) defying gravity