Passion For Words
Monday, February 23, 2009 || 0 comments.
It's been about 4 years since I started writing stories, fanfics, & poems. That means I was in Form 2 or 14 years old (year 2005) when I discovered my love for words (writing them & not just reading them).

What is it about words that makes me passionate about them rather than moving pictures in a box?

I guess it's just something you should learn to fall in love with. Just like when you had your first ice cream, going to your first movie, making a new friend, or simply sleeping... The point is, you just can't get enough.

Once I start typing (or writing), I just don't want to stop. Or should I say, I can't. Words just pour out of my mind like gushing waterfall. I got excited and before I know it, I've written several pages of something that cross my mind few minutes ago. This post is an example. I should stop. Maybe, just a few more paragraphs...

My first story was a Harry Potter fanfiction which is a crossover between Harry Potter, X-Men, Teen Titans (don't ask), Totally Spies (I did say I was 14), Star Wars, Ranma 1/2 (it's a Japanese anime)... Hmm, did I miss anything? Oh yeah, plus Andromeda as well. So you can guess how childish (not awful!) it was.

But along the road, I've learnt... a lot. My jokes are more entertaining. My lines are less sarcastic. My story is less childish. All in all, I'm learning to become a better writer. I'm not the best (far from it), but hopefully I can publish something read-worthy. And just to be visionary, ONE best-selling book, perhaps?

And when that is done, I swear I'm gonna sell all the original, hand-written or typed, copies of my childish fanfictions with a rather over-the-limit price. Yes, I have written a lot of fanfictions. Apart from the Harry Potter cross over bla, bla, bla... I also have:

1. Another Harry Potter fanfic which took place in the life of an adult Harry, written post 'Half-Blood Prince' --since 'Deadly Hallows weren't out, yet-- with some made-up characters. (Status: Dead)
2. A fanfic for a movie, The Covenant, entitled 'Daughters Of Wiccard'. (Status: Work in progress)
3. A fanfic for the TV show, Smallville, entitled 'Good Girl Gone Bad'. Main character: Chloe & Lex. Yes, it's a Chlex story. And yes, I'm a Chlex shipper. (Status: Slowly dying)
4. A fiction of my own entitled 'The Oath'. (Status: Will be posted at fictionpress.com under the name Melzie Youngblood)
5. Uncountable short stories.
6. Numerous poems, whereby some have gone missing since I wrote it anywhere.
7. Several songs, which I decided are too awful to be sang or to be published.
8. Oh yeah, I recently started a Twilight fanfiction. I've got my four favorite Daughters of Wiccards (Characters I created for The Covenant fanfiction as well) in it. I'll be posting it at fanfiction.net under the name darkstar2789.

I shall sell it to the highest bidder, starting from $100 000 U.S. dollar. You can start saving from now on, just in case I'll make it one day, as a writer. Haha

But of course, that is, IF I make it. Wish me luck.

Labels:


Melzie
ahjumma . duckzie . dragon mom . davohkiin





about me
melzie. twenty. malaysian. christian. 1st year psychology student. original. don't bite. but slap asses. still waiting for toby hemingway. ...more?

watching
how i met your mother. game of thrones. switched at birth. glee. bones. criminal minds. most korean tv shows.

favorites
harry potter. shoes. chatime. snowflakes. x-men. hugh jackman. orange. handbags. sushi. skyrim. shoes (yes, again).

friends
they are still my muse :)


»Willy
»Ricky
»Eric
»Amy
»Corine
»Jeanette
»Edwin
»Maegyvear
»KTT CF
»Farah
»Jin Xiang
»Nader
»Loon Han
»Karen
»Keshan
»Daniel
»Geraldine
»I-Vonne
»Rachel
»Wayne
»Sofie
»Shu Zhao
»Rudy
»Chii


" trust your heart when the seas catch fire and live by love though the stars walk backward "


Pages
+Follow
Refresh



«Newer posts
Older posts»


(still) defying gravity