Calling
Sunday, February 8, 2009 || 0 comments.
It has been a while since I last posted something on my blog. I don't think anyone really cares either.

But anyway, so many things has happened for the last 2 months. And I've learned so many while I was away from home. When I returned, I came back a brand new person, with the same attitude but a different way of looking at the world. Not to mention the new haircut ;)

Right after my SPM (which by the way, is like, a very important exam in our country), I was sent to Kuching (Sarawak, Malaysia) where I looked after an ill aunt. My aunt was suffering from end-stage renal failure. Her condition was made worst by aluminium toxicity. She still went through dialysis till her body could not withstand and finally gave up on January 29, 2009.

While looking after her in the hospital (she was hospitalised for the last 2 months), I saw so many great things and have learnt so much.

I've seen how loyal a husband could be while looking after a sick wife. There was no more passion for her in his eyes, but he stayed with her.

I've seen how loving and devoted a wife could be to her husband. There was a couple at the dialysis unit; husband and wife. The wife was so used to accompanying her husband through dialysis that she can handle the machine and even 'play' with needles like a freaking nurse!

I've seen how patient a medical staff could be to a patient. There was a guy in the dialysis unit, working as a medical assistant (M.A.). I mentioned that my aunt was suffering from aluminium toxicity so that made her a bit looney. And whenever my aunt threw a tantrum, he was so patient that he only smile and kept attending to her, all the while talking softly to her.

I've also seen that not all nurses are evil, contrary to popular belief. There are actually nurses out there who really care and are really friendly. I've met a bunch along the way and had some pleasant experiences with them.

And don't get me started with the doctors. Let's just say I've seen prove that there are actually men out there with brain and brawn. Lord, thank you!

If someone ask me what I wanna do in the future...

2 months ago, I would've shrugged and said, "No idea. But I'll stay away from medical field. Blood, needles and me... We don't get along."

Today, I would've smiled and answer confidently, "A nurse, maybe. And if I can make it, a doctor."

I believe that's my calling.

Labels:


Melzie
ahjumma . duckzie . dragon mom . davohkiin





about me
melzie. twenty. malaysian. christian. 1st year psychology student. original. don't bite. but slap asses. still waiting for toby hemingway. ...more?

watching
how i met your mother. game of thrones. switched at birth. glee. bones. criminal minds. most korean tv shows.

favorites
harry potter. shoes. chatime. snowflakes. x-men. hugh jackman. orange. handbags. sushi. skyrim. shoes (yes, again).

friends
they are still my muse :)


»Willy
»Ricky
»Eric
»Amy
»Corine
»Jeanette
»Edwin
»Maegyvear
»KTT CF
»Farah
»Jin Xiang
»Nader
»Loon Han
»Karen
»Keshan
»Daniel
»Geraldine
»I-Vonne
»Rachel
»Wayne
»Sofie
»Shu Zhao
»Rudy
»Chii
♕

" trust your heart when the seas catch fire and live by love though the stars walk backward "


Pages
+Follow
Refresh



«Newer posts
Older posts»


(still) defying gravity