We lost. 3rd place. My friends kept saying it was also a good thing. To me, it only means two things:
1. There're TWO more teams better than us.
2. We're the 4th most lousy team overall (since there's only 6 teams competing)
I've let down a lot of people.
Sorry Mr. Chong...
Cos I couldn't defend the title...
Cos I broke the stupid chain...
Sorry Mr. Lai, Mdm Teo, & Ms. Tang...
Cos I've let you down...
Cos I'm not good enough...
Cos I let us lost to Methodist (Grr!)...
Sorry Bel...
Cos I couldn't give you that fake, golden trophy...
Cos I let you down, again...
Ok, bitter part is over. Now, let me tell you the fun part of the story. Hehe ^_^
Before we cramped ourselves in the no air-cond, crappy, tiny-miny bus...
Everybody reached school before 7 am except for Paula (she's in Folio Kerjaya). No wonders there, she's famous for being late for everything.
We waited in front of the hall and everyone was busy reciting their scripts or doing whatever preparation they need to except for us, the EAK team. My laptop was on, but we were actually talking crap. I don't even remember what we were talking about, but it sure was crap. LOL XD
While in the no air-cond, crappy, tiny-miny bus (on the way)...
We sang 'Happy Birthday' to Sharon (she's in Kain Rentang) who celebrated her sweet 17th birthday! Yay!
My laptop was still on. Cindy (in EAK with me) was writing her script while Wan Yee (also in EAK) was going through the book.
The plan was:
1. Melissa talks
2. Belinda's the tech girl (although she never see the slides before that day)
3. Wan Yee answer questions, if the questions were from the book
4. Cindy talks
5. Hard questions go to Bel & Mel whereas easy questions go to Wan Yee & Cindy
Waiting for our turn to present...
Alright, we're waiting. Boring. Mr Lai keeps editing the interview video clip. He's such a perfectionist. That's my daddy! LOL XD
Here's the sequence:
1. Methodist (Medical doctor)
--Reuben, if you're reading this; I hate you for being so good in computer-related stuff! The introduction movie was so good. Although the speaking part, I couldn't figure out what you guys were talking about.
2. Teknik (Policeman, or -women)
--The costume was good. Nice slide backgrounds. I barely paid any attention to them.
3. Chung Hua (Medical doctor, again... Yawn.)
--Wasn't paying attention at all. The only thing I heard was Mr. Lai repeatedly saying what a genius he was cos he edited the video clip nicely. Wateva.
4. Tung Hua (... I forgot!!! Oops!)
--I did pay some attention cos their presentation was so good. Their speaking style was nice, I guess. Here's the part when Cindy & Wan Yee starts to panic and kept bugging Bel & I. Ooh... I saw Adrian (from Methodist) hugging a pillow (!!!) and snooze off. And Reuben was playing HALO (at least that's what I saw on his screen).
5. Lanang (Nurse)
--Here's when I get back with Mr. Lai. He asked me a series of posible questions that may come up. I answered them all perfectly and Mdm Teo was grinning when Mr. Lai's expression fell. I still caught smirks from him every now and then. Ow... Daddy's proud of her little girl. LOL XD
6. Oh, wait. That's us. (Veterinarian)
--Here's when I start to panic. Tried to stay calm. Breathe in, breathe out. The time given for us to present was 15 minutes but when we were up there, it felt like 5 seconds only. Geez... Time past so quickly when you are trembling in fear, don't they.
Post-presentation, at the canteen...
After our section was done, we went out and visited the banner group and the Folio group. They were not done, we were actually the first to be done. Wow.
So, we, accompanied by daddy (that's Mr Lai), went to the canteen to get food for our team. When we arrived, the food for our school hasn't been prepared. While I was complaining, Nicholas (Tung Hua's Head Prefect) greeted me. The last time I saw him was during St. E's grand opening ceremony for our brand new hall. I interviewed him. Nicholas, if you're reading this; make sure you searched for your picture in SES's 2008 school magazine. ;p
Ok, back to business. Mr Lai went up. And we stayed behind at the canteen. My laptop was on again and the girls were going through the songs in my Media Player, winamp, and ITUnes.
Then, the Folio team joined us. The food was... hmm, how to put it nicely... the food was not satisfying. But, we ate it anyway, driven by hunger. But even a completely empty stomach won't make me finish 'that'.
After that, daddy (Mr Lai, you should have figured it out by now) came down and asked us to come up for the prize-giving ceremony.
Prize-giving ceremony...
We waited for what seems like a hundred years.
And while those VIPs are giving their speech, I rested my head on CC's shoulder and voila! I felt asleep. Daddy, and the other girls took the chance to snap some photos of me in sleep mode. I'm a heavy sleeper. I only woke up after the 7th shot. Everybody was laughing. Even students from other schools. Man, that was embarassing.
When they announced that we got 3rd place, I went up, shoulders straight, chin's up, and forced a confident stride to the stage. On stage, tears were forming in my eyes but I pushed away my self-pity, swallowed my pride, a forced a smile.
The teachers knew. My friends knew. They always knew.
So when I sat down, all the time muttering 'stupid chain, stupid chain...', silence enveloped us. Until daddy tried to make a joke by saying, "I could feel the ground trembling.". I shot him a death glare an silence enveloped us again.
A hyperactive, bubbly Melissa may not be a good sight but angry, pissed-off, frustrated Melissa is an even uglier sight. My friends told me that they could even feel the flame caccooning me. LOL XD
I was swearing all the time, wishing everybody else having bad luck, and so on. My teachers and friends took it as humor and to me, it was a way to relieve my stress.
Back at school...
I have to attend Accounting class. Pfft!
Then, there was English Club meeting from 3 - 4.30 pm. The teacher brought some Good English to read.
Anna (a friend of mine) had a good time laughing. Among the titles that you can found in the papers were:
1. 7 reasons why you're in a bad mood
2. Ways to release your stress
3. Let go of that anger
4. Laughter is the best medicine to stress
5. Remedies for bad moods
I was like, "Is God teasing me?!"
So, overall...
It was definitely a wonderful experience. I made some new friends, met some old friends. Improve my computer skills. Dealt with my bad temper better than the last time. And I did get to become a VVIP that day: Very, very IRRITATED person. LOL XD
***The chain that I mentioned was referring to the 5-years of holding the title. Bel & I defended the title last year. But, lost it this year. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that we started in the middle of April. And Bel was busy with BM debate whereas I was busy with English debate. Sigh...
Labels: high school adventures

